Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Setlist: Neko Case at Sandcastle

I noticed we've gotten several hits this last week from people searching for the setlist from this show, which isn't on here, so those people must be disappointed to see that. Well, I was at the show, and I kept a (loose) setlist, so here it is.

A quick review: Neko was great, but she's been better. The band sounded awesome with the exception of some static early and some minor feedback issues later. That said, Ms. Case did not seem to be all that into the show. A can of Off! was nearby, though it didn't seem to be doing much good, and there was plenty of banter about bugs and the smell of rivermud. Apparenty the numerous bats swooping across the stage weren't enough to take care of the former.

It was both muddy and muggy down by the river that night and, though I do like this venue, it is without question at its best when it's dry. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the show. And as Hugh mentioned earlier this week, Jason Lytle was great as the opener.

Setlist:
1. Middle Cyclone
2. Magpie to the Morning
3. I’m an Animal
4. Prison Girls
5. The Tigers Have Spoken (Maybe?)
6. (I think I missed one here)
7. Pauline
8. Polar Nettles
9. Don’t Forget Me
10. That Teenage Feeling
11. This Tornado Loves You

Encore:
12. Vengeance is Sleeping
13. Tightly
14. Train From Kansas City (Yes?)

No comments: