Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Last Night I Had the Stupidest Dream

This morning I had one of those dreams where you take your shower, shave your face, tie your shoes, the whole lot. I looked out the window and saw it was snowing, so I pulled a hat on and got on my bike to ride to work. I should have been suspicious at this point, since I don’t ride a bike to work, but in my stupor I failed to put two and two together. So when the alarm rang, I was thoroughly disheartened--so disheartened that I got up a good 20 minutes earlier than usual. Yet by the time I left my house, it was only about 12 minutes prior to my normal departure. Then I reached the bus-stop to discover that there apparently are no buses in that 12 minutes immediately prior to the time I typically reach the bus-stop. What a waste.

Here’s some classic Pavement – “Range Life”: (Mediafire link)

And some Stephen Malkmus about joining a band of pirates, which would be a way cooler dream that getting ready for work: “The Hook”: (Mediafire link)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never hurts to be early. Hope you had your hat and gloves this morning! Love,Mom