Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ryan Adams Bows Out

Citing the losses of “someone I loved, my sense of dignity, a never ending losing battle with stage fright and now my hearing and balance due to an inner ear issue,” songwriter and SITKOT favorite Ryan Adams announced today that he is leaving the music world behind for now. Adams concludes a lengthy blog entry (and presumably his blogging days altogether), writing:

maybe we will play again sometime and maybe i will work my way back into some kind of music situation but this is the time for me to step back now, to reel it in and i wish everyone peace and happiness and if music is your dream, or if just dreaming is your dream, may you find your way through the rough patch with ease and i hope you let go and it takes you all the way there.

Download “A Kiss Before I Go” from the Cardinals’ incredible performance at Carnegie Music Hall last year. (Right-click and "Save Target As")

And here’s hoping the Cardinals keep on with Neal Casal’s able hands at the drafting table: “Freeway To the Canyon” (Newcastle 11-11-08) (Right-click and "Save Target As")

No comments: