Saturday, May 30, 2009

Who do you love?

For whatever reason, the voting page for the "Pittsburgh Rocks" virtual battle of the bands contest is not very easy to find. In fact, it's pretty damn buried on the P-G's site, so I can't imagine many people are voting. But, you still have a few days left, so here it is.

Evidently, bands already booked for the Arts Fest are inelligible, which removes some good talent from the pool right out of the gates. That said, there are some fine bands left in there, the majority being spanking new to me. I can't remember where I heard Beware Fashionable Women before, but I'm pretty sure I have, and I really dig the song they entered. Low Water's in there, they're always solid. Carolina Shine I've never heard of, but those guys really know how to get a groove going.

But who am I but some idiot with a weblog? Go decide for yourselves. You're all individuals.

Also, while we're linking the P-G, here's a pretty sweet article from Thursday: Scott Mervis' 20 most memorable moments at Star Lake (I still insist on calling it that).

No comments: