Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A word about My Morning Jacket and the birth of a blog (this one, actually)



As a phrase, title, or whatever else, "songs in the key of touché" has little meaning in the context of what this blog has turned out to be. But there was a time when My Morning Jacket released Evil Urges. The time was 2008. I loved it, Henry hated it. We argued, nobody won, and we talked about starting a blog where we fought over various albums/songs/concerts that we disagreed on. That blog never came to be, but the proposed title of "Songs in the Key of Touché" stuck with me, so when I finally got around to starting a blog on a spark of inspiration from AC/DC and a six-pack or so of warm Labatt Blue Light, I went with it.

Anyway, Henry tells me My Morning Jacket is awesome live, and I can't wait to find out on August 29 27 when they roll into the Station Square Amphiteatre, which I think has a new name that I don't plan to call it by.

Download/Stream:My Morning Jacket - "It Makes No Difference" (The Band cover)

Bonus Download - In honor of tonight's show, here's Josh Ritter a little over a year ago at Diesel playing what has turned out to be one of the best songs on his new record:

No comments: