Friday, February 27, 2009

A Late Edition to Saturday Night's Card

My man Roberto forgot to include what bodes to be a lumbering, textured Southern rockshow when Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit take the stage at Club Cafe at 10:30 on Saturday.

Admittedly, Jason and the Unit weren't on my radar until the new album recently dropped and my fiance's cousin gave 'em a shoutout on her Facebook feed. That said, I've seen his former band, the Drive-By Truckers open for a bunch of acts and fondly recall them as one of my favorite bands to see open for another good band. High praise, I know.

His most recent voyage post-Truckers sounds good on album and will very likely sound good live, too. This town loves the Truckers so I expect the Cafe to brim it's capacity, warmly welcoming Isbell back to the 'Burgh.

It should also be noted that Lawrenceville's own Good Night, States (WYEP's 2008 Pick for Top Local Artist) is playing the early show (7:30) at Club Cafe. Not a bad double-bill. Except that you'll have to buy separate tickets to see both shows.

Good insights about his creative process and nice acoustica from Isbell here:

No comments: