Tuesday, February 17, 2009

NIN announce tour with Jane’s Addiction

Fifteen years ago, Nine Inch Nails and Jane’s Addiction were easily among my top five bands. According to Trent Reznor, they’ll be joining forces for a tour this summer, with what sounds like all four original members of Jane’s. Trent writes on nin.com:
"I reached out to Jane's to see if they'd want to join us across the US and we all felt it could be a great thing. Will it work? Will it resonate in the marketplace? Who knows. Are there big record label marketing dollars to convince you to attend? Nope. Does it feel right to us and does it seem like it will be fun for us and you? Yes it does."
One more question: Will they come to the Burgh?

I think NIN at the Civic Arena was actually one of my first concerts sans parental chaperone. The Manson fans who there for the opening act totally freaked me out, and after the show we made a wrong turn and got lost in the Hill District while my then-16-year-old friend was driving with only his learner's permit. Good times.

Download one of my all-time favorite covers:
Jane’s Addiction – "Sympathy" (Mediafire link)

UPDATE: As of 2/24/09, it appears they will not be coming to Pittsburgh, or even Pennsylvania for that matter.

No comments: