Friday, November 6, 2009

Premature "Best of 2K9" Playlist

Note the uglyass new widget in the sidebar. Early, yes, but we're almost there so I'm giving it the OK. Consider it a work in progress; I will too, and we'll revise as justice dictates.

Some of these songs were on '08 albums, you say. And you are correct. But if they were released as singles this year and I really like them, I'll allow it. Por ejemplo, "Mykonos." Great song. No way I was letting that little guy off the queue.

Proposed additions have already been made, including but not limited to:
  • "You Do You” - Bear in Heaven
  • "Talamak” - Toro y Moi
  • “11th Dimension” - Julian Casablancas
  • “Home” Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
  • "And the Hazy Sea" - Cymbals Eat Guitars
  • "Life's a Dream" - Built to Spill
  • "Young Adult Friction" - The Pains of Being Pure at Heart
  • "Mind, Drips" - Neon Indian

Past and (potentially) future contributor Jimmy has also suggested "Blood Bank," which I see is making a lot of these lists. A fine song, to be sure, though I'm not sold. But if the masses speak, they will be heard.

So for now, listen, enjoy, and (as always) feel free to comment or contribute. And maybe I'll fix up those colors before winter comes to town.

EDIT: Might drop Camera Obscura from the list. "French Navy" is a great song, but I was thinking this weekend it's not up to snuff with their older stuff. Is that grounds from removal? Not sure yet...

4 comments:

Bowman-p said...

Stroke of genius putting Shakira on there, She Wolf will be on my best of list for sure, I don't know how that song is not getting more attention.

Roberto Cofresi said...

I'm also surprised it hasn't gotten more airplay/attention. I'll admit that it was a bit of a sleeper for me... didn't impress me on first listen, but it's really grown on me. It's a top shelf pop song as far as I'm concerned.

Jimmy said...

I think that you need to drop "Nothing to Worry About" by Peter, Bjorn and John from the list and replace it with anything else, but preferably "And the Hazy Sea" by Cymbals Eat Guitars or "Keep Slipping Away" by A Place to Bury Strangers, the latter of which is my current new favorite track. PB&J already wrote that song once; the first time it was called "Amsterdam", and the first time it was much, much better.

Anonymous said...

no alela diane? white as diamonds?