Sunday, November 22, 2009

Revisions to the '09 playlist

Well, I dropped "French Navy." I think hearing it a few times among the batch of tunes on this playlist just made me realize it's not on par with the rest. Also dropped "Nothing to Worry About" for similar reasons, and per Jimmy's earlier comment.

One addition: Alela Diane's "White As Diamonds" thanks to the ever-present Anon.

One substitution as well: "Stillness is the Move" for "Knotty Pine." Both great songs, so maybe both should be on there. Maybe a 'one per customer' rule is stupid in this scenario. Or, if not, maybe "My Girls" should also sub in for "Summertime Clothes." Tough decisions...

Will Neon Indian or Toro y Moi make the cut? I guess it depends how deep you got into the whole chillwave thing this year. Jury's still out for me. Is longevity a prereq?

The closest 'maybe' track on deck right now might be Edward Sharpe's "Home." Good song, but how good?

No comments: