Friday, April 24, 2009

The Dead were on The View (seriously)

I guess I'm a little late on this, but I'm proud to admit that I was not aware until this morning that Bob Weir and Phil Lesh went on The View a few weeks ago. The description pretty well sums it up:

The Grateful Dead's Phil Lesh and Bob Weir appear on ABC's "The View". First, (after the intro) there is some Dead-related banter among the show's hosts. Then Phil and Bobby are introduced, and they talk briefly to Whoopi and Joy. Next, joined by Warren Haynes, they play "Friend of the Devil" live in the studio. Lastly, a little jam over the outro. This is to promote The Dead's Spring 2009 tour.

Watch the full segment here. Jump to 2:29 for the interview, 6:10 for the music. (Although there are some juicy nuggets in the beginning, of which I was also not aware. There is a video of Joe Biden's daughter snorting coke out there?) Or, here's a much lower quality video of the performance only:

No comments: