Friday, April 3, 2009

Video: Ray LaMontagne

When I started hearing about Ray LaMontagne a few years back, I gave him a listen and moved on. I'm not sure why.

Then I saw a rerun of his Austin City Limits taping on PBS, and got hooked on the song "Jolene." This would have been just before the new record came out, I guess. So I bought that and realized the guy's got some serious range. "You Are the Best Thing" is a great song.

Tonight's show is sold out, but SITKOT reader JP will be there and has offered to review it, so thanks to him for that, and look out for it in the next few days. Meanwhile, here you go:

Ray LaMontagne---Austin City Limits taping---Jolene


Download:
Ray LaMontagne - "You Are the Best Thing" (Mediafire link)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it. I also hope to squeeze something in on Derek Trucks, who is playing Sunday night at the Pepsi Roadhouse.

Roberto Cofresi said...

P-G did a nice piece on Trucks yeesterday - http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09092/959884-388.stm